NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- Eligibility: Marciano “Destination: Luxe Vegas” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (or the District of Columbia) or Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least twenty one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of GUESS?, Inc. and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (i.e., spouse, in-laws, grandparents, parents, siblings grandchildren and children) and household members (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win a prize in this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: GUESS?, Inc., 1444 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021 (“Sponsor”).
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on June 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). However, the Promotion Period consists of five (5) separate entry periods (each an “Entry Period”), which are specifically detailed in the chart below. All entries must be received by the end time and date (detailed in the chart below) for each respective Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding drawing for that Entry Period. Additionally, non-winning entries from one (1) Entry Period will not carry over to subsequent Entry Periods; provided, however, all entries submitted during any Entry Period will be included in the drawing for the Grand Prize. Individuals who receive an entry during an Entry Period will be receiving an entry for the corresponding drawing based on the chart below as well as the Grand Prize drawing.
Entry Period Timing Chart
|Entry Periods||Start Time/Date
|#1||12:00 a.m. PT on June 1, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 6, 2017||June 7, 2017|
|#2||12:00 a.m. PT on June 7, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 12, 2017||June 13, 2017|
|#3||12:00 a.m. PT on June 13, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 18, 2017||June 19, 2017|
|#4||12:00 a.m. PT on June 19, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 24, 2017||June 26, 2017|
|#5||12:00 a.m. PT on June 25, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2017||July 3, 2017|
|Grand Prize Entry Period||12:00 a.m. PT on June 1, 2017||11:59 p.m. PT on June 30, 2017||July 3, 2017|
All DATES SET FORTH IN THE CHART ABOVE AND ELSEWHERE IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO EXTENSION IN SPONSOR’s SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit Marciano.com/las-vegas-sweepstakes (US); Marciano.ca/las-vegas-sweepstakes (Canada) (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the entry form with all required information. You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the drawing for the applicable Entry Period of the Sweepstakes upon receipt of the entry form by Sponsor. Receipt of an entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information. Limit on entries: Each participant may enter one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system (including, but not limited to, entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakes service) to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries originating at any other website are not permitted and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant, provided that person meets the eligibility requirements to participate in the Sweepstakes. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming delivery of email or “thanks for entering” message does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Only eligible entries actually received by Sponsor’s server before the end of the Promotion Period will be included in the Sweepstakes. Illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, lost, late, misdirected, forged, altered, or mutilated entries will be disqualified.
- 5. Drawings and Odds: For each Entry Period (excluding the Grand Prize Entry Period), Sponsor will randomly select six (6) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received for each Entry Period on or around the dates set forth in the chart in Section 3 above. For the Grand Prize Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around July 3, 2017. The potential winner will be notified by email or phone (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) soon thereafter. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident he/she will be required to answer a time-limited skill-testing question without assistance in the time frame requested, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) and provide any additional information (such as social security number) that may be required by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. To be eligible to receive the prize and if required, the winner must return the Affidavit within three (3) days from the date the notice or attempted notice is sent. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries received during each applicable Entry Period. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
(a) Grand Prize : Sponsor will be awarding one (1) “Trip Prize” consisting of: (i) a Visa Prepaid cash card issued in the amount of $2,000.00 that winner must use towards the purchase of two (2) airline tickets to visit Las Vegas, Nevada; (ii) a prepaid $500.00 gift card for a two (2)-night hotel stay (one (1) standard room based on double occupancy) for the winner and one (1) companion at any of the “Total Rewards” hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $500.00; (iii) a $500.00 Marciano shopping card. The total ARV for the Trip Prize is: Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.00) (USD). Actual retail value of Trip Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The winner of the Trip Prize must travel as and when designated by Sponsor or the Trip Prize may be forfeited and an alternate randomly selected winner chosen.
The Marciano shopping card awarded in this Promotion is subject to gift card issuer’s terms and conditions that apply thereto and any terms and conditions set forth on the card itself. The Visa Prepaid Cash card is subject to issuer’s terms and conditions applicable thereto. The Total Rewards Hotel Gift card is subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions applicable thereto.
It is the sole responsibility of Trip Prize winner to book their own airline tickets using the proceeds of the cash card for him/herself and their companion. It is the responsibility of the Trip Prize winner and his or her companion to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). The Trip Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The Trip Prize is subject to hotel availability, as well as Sponsor’s terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to Trip Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Trip Prize winner.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Trip Prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Trip Prize winner at the time of Trip Prize notification. Trip Prize winner and companion is responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The Trip Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Companion(s) of Trip Prize winner must be at least the age of majority in his or her state/province of residence as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor’s transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any Trip Prize package, and are solely the Trip Prize winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: hotel taxes, ground transportation at the Trip Prize winner’s destination(s), travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Trip Prize winner.
Runner-up Prizes : Each Runner-up prize winner will receive (1) gift card for $250 US or $300 Canada to use at Marciano US or Marciano Canada stores and/or Marciano.com or Marciano.ca. The total ARV for the runner up prizes: One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty ($1,250.00) (USD).
Terms Applicable To All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of each prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If the winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material. Prizes will only be mailed to each verified winner’s physical mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec), except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person for the entire Sweepstakes. The total ARV for all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is up to: $4,250.00, but the ultimate total ARV of all prizes will ultimately depend on the specific item chosen by each winner. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Release: By entering, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel to/from any Sweepstakes activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s irrevocable consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, statements, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for advertising and/or promotional purposes, in any media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; or (b) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service. Any person who supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, electronic or human errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications or entry information, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; or (8) late, lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or mutilated entries or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Governing Law / Limitation of Liability: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law rules that would cause application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Dispute Resolution: The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within 14 days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Los Angeles, CA; provided, however, if none of these locations are convenient for the hearing, the parties may mutually agree on an alternative location. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles County, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- Winner’s List/Official Rules Requests: To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope prior to September 1, 2017 to: “Marciano Destination: Luxe Vegas Sweepstakes” Winner’s List, GUESS?, Inc., 1444 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021 (Attn: Marketing). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Marciano Destination: Luxe Vegas” Official Rules, GUESS?, Inc., 1444 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021 (Attn: Marketing) prior to the end of the Promotion Period.
© 2017 GUESS?, Inc. All rights reserved.